Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Electrical inZpection

Prior to all the work, had called the city to inquire about my expired electrical permit. The lady was nice and asked "are you ready for inspection?". Told her "no, have not even started the work yet, should I pull a new permit?. Did not want to start w/o a current permit." She tells me to "hang on a minute".

She comes back and tells me "go ahead and if you are ready within the next 20 days or so, just call for an inspection, you have the number?. Don't think there will be any extra charges."
This was great news. No need to pay yet another fee...

So yesterday I called the inspection "hot line" and asked them to come out today. When he (most of them are males) showed up, turns out it is the same inspector who signed-off on my furnace installation, more or less exactly a year ago. He remembered me (I did not remember him but didn't tell him...). In an case a good guy.

Took him out to the newly installed ground rods, explained what I'd done, then to the inside and the SE panel. "Looks good, you did a good job, where's the paper so I can sign?". Handed him the old permit, got it signed and he left, after putting a new sticker on the meter box.

Only left now is re-sealing of the meter. PSE is about to come out today or tomworrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice and on topic, or your comment will be deleted