Friday, October 13, 2006

Electrical GremlingZ...

Part two.

Friday. Mike is coming back to hook up John&Jan's hot tub (across the street). Since he was heading back, I had decided to tackle the BIG wire. Rather get it over and done with. Mike warned me that it would be tricky to pull new wire through all the floor joists. Recommended me to drill up the wholes a bit, something I was not looking forward to. They were hard to get to as they were, but now I had to clean out everyting underneath them as well.
But, Mike left a surprise. He dropped his heavy duty angle drill and a few serious drill bits. The drilling was done in less than 20 minutes. Wow!

Rolled out the cable, made sure there were no kinks or twist, since that'd be inpossible to correct w/o pulling it out again. Calling down the wife, she at least could help me feed this monster while I pull and feed it thorough the new holes. To my surpise, this was easier than pulling Cat5e cable. This "monster" was in location in less than 10 minutes and wife could return to her books.
Now only termination left and house - from this perspective - will have left the 60ies and entered the 21st century...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice and on topic, or your comment will be deleted