Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Seattle SuperZonics

Good old Chairman Schultz. I like you, I like the coffee you make, and even though I really dislike franchises/chain restaurants, I do frequest Starbucks - often.

I don't really care for professional sports since it has left so much of the "sports" behind and only turned in to big business or potentially (for a few), entertainment. Although I did not really care, I think it was stupid to sell of the Sonics to some rogue buffoon from Oklahoma.

And while I do appreciate your efforts to now block the move of the team to that far away dusty town in the middle of nowhere, by various degrees of legal wrangling, I think at the end it is all a little bit of cheap PR/publicity for you to save face.

This in light of Starbucks' lowered earnings and lackluster (financial) performance over the last year. If you dump a few hundred big ones into the legal mess, you'll get it back many times over by "looking good" to the Seattleites who desperately wants to keep their beloved basketball team. I just don't buy it, but your efforts are never the less appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice and on topic, or your comment will be deleted